Sunday, November 30, 2008

Perspective



As our moto headlight slowly dimmed to nothing and we coasted to a stop, I couldn’t help but laugh as I peered inside our empty gas tank. At 11:30, on a moonless night, in literally the middle of nowhere I began to think of a hundred other more convenient places that our moto could have ran out of gas in and smiled as my eyes began to adjust to the utter darkness. Accepting my helplessness in the situation I lay myself in the middle of the dusty road, surrounded on either side by the comfort of two friends and gazed into the sky. Without a street light within a 100 mile circumference of us, with nothing but crickets and birds to construct the soundtrack to our lives, nothing but the sound of breathing and laughter to echo throughout the night and nothing but shooting stars to be entertained by, I couldn’t help but think that there was no place on earth that I would rather be.

In short...Bush Africa... Perspective.

No comments: